The purpose of the Humane Society of Stanislaus County is to provide shelter, medical and adoption services to abandoned, neglected and abused companion animals within the limits of Stanislaus County, and other humane services, as needed. In the context of these general purposes, the Humane Society of Stanislaus County shall engage in activities such as community outreach and education about animal care and welfare and the importance of spay and neuter, sponsoring of spay and neuter clinics, animal housing and adoption placements, financial assistance to low income residents for veterinary care and pet food, development of a shelter facility, and other similar services and activities.
- We believe that every life has merit and euthanasia is not the answer to over population.
- We believe that to reach our goals of a low-kill shelter community, we must educate the community about spay and neuter benefits.
- We oppose Breed Specific Legislation (BSL).
- We oppose all forms of animal cruelty.
- We oppose the sale of puppies and kittens by pet shops.
- We understand that agriculture is an intricate part of the fabric of Stanislaus County, and we respect the rights of those who make their living in that manner.
- We believe that educating our community is the only way to elicit change.
- We believe that as a community of concerned citizens we can make change that benefits all our community.